Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday Favorite's..Advent links!



I am linking up today with Erika and sharing some of my favorite's! I have been searching pinterest for the perfect ideas for an advent calendar for this Christmas season. It is hard to find things that are appropriate for a toddler. I want some of them to be strictly for fun, but I also want some days to be Christ centered and geared towards giving to others. It is hard to explain to a two year old that she needs to pick out a bunch of new toys, but they are for someone else. I just don't think she is old enough to grasp the concept yet, so I am going to keep it very simple this year and do more next year when she understands better. Anyway, here are the top five links that I found and liked for different reasons!

-ONE-
24 activities for advent for Toddlers and Preschoolers with a mix of crafts, exploring, baking and family fun. Plus free printable activity cards for you of the activities plus blank cards to add your own.

LINK 

I liked this site because it was just a basic list of Christmas activities. I could have probably thought of most of these on my own, but it was nice to have a list to reference. 

-TWO-
lace, etc.: A Christ-Centered Advent for Toddlers


I liked this site a lot, also. It was a little bit deeper than I am planning on doing, but still had some great ideas. As a working mom, I simply do not have time in some of our days to do a bunch of small things each day, but I still loved this concept! 

-THREE-
Mess For Less: Easy DIY Advent Calendar and 35 Advent Calendar Ideas


I liked this link because it was simple and easy! I liked that they got to draw a new stick out of the jar everyday instead of opening a gift. I don't know if this will really work for my family because I want to be able to choose which activities go on which days. For example, baking cookies needs to be on my off day from work and a coloring page or stickers could be on a day that I work because it is short and something Zetta can do while I am cooking dinner.

-FOUR-
Acts of Kindness for Toddlers & Young Kids--a twist on the Advent Calendar.


I LOVED this link! Simple acts of kindness for young kiddos! We will have many of these on our list!!

-FIVE-
Advent Activities for Toddlers and Preschoolers - Mom Inspired Life


This was a good list as well and had some new ideas on it that I didn't really see anywhere else. Playing with red and green balloons, making a Christmas lunch, and many more!

I hope that someone else get's some use out of these links! It was fun to research and look at everyone's ideas and I can't wait to get started! 


No comments:

Post a Comment