Thursday, June 7, 2012

17 weeks!

I am going to start making Pete take these pictures of me so I don't have to do it in a darn mirror!!!

How far along? 17 weeks!

Size of the baby? A sweet potato (5.5 inches, 5 oz)

Food Cravings? I really enjoy all types of sour/tart candy! If you know me, you know this is my weakness anyways, so Pete has to watch me closely ;) I just want it so much more than normal!!


What I miss: This week I really haven't missed anything. Just happy to be pregnant! 

Stretch Marks? None! I really hope it stays this way but, I am horrible about putting lotion on in general so it will probably be my own fault!

Maternity Clothes? So I invested in a few pairs of maternity shorts, and let me tell you they were like heave on earth compared to anything else I have been wearing! I am so thankful for my mother, and the money to babies r' us so I could get those. Seriously, that was my sisters one piece of advice, to get maternity pants...and she was right!

Gender? We obviously DO NOT care, we just want a healthy baby! I have thought the whole time though that it will be a boy but, as we get closer and closer to our ultrasound I am starting to have this gut feeling that we are going to be in for a sweet surprise in a few weeks! The countdown is on...10 days!!!

Movement? I am for sure feeling the little thing moving in there at least once a day. I am excited for it to get stronger, I can't wait for Pete to feel it. :)

Weight Gain:  I went to the doctor last week and looked at my chart..I am up 12 pounds. Probably a little more than I need to be at this point, I am not sure. I am okay with it though. It is officially summer now and I am way more active these months out of the year than any others, so I am not worried about it.

Sleep? My sleep has gotten so much better! I am trying to stay up later at night so that I sleep all the way through the night instead of more hours of restless sleep. It has seemed to help, hopefully it will stay this way for a little while!

Symptoms: Nothing to much!! Praise the Lord! 

Best Moment of the Week: We heard the heartbeat at the doctor last Thursday! It was in the 140's. So funny though, because so many people try to guess the gender by the heartbeat and at our first ultrasound it was around 130's then went 160, 150, and now 140's! Our little one is keeping everyone on their toes! :) And we are looking forward to our next ultrasound, June 14th! It will be the big one! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment