Friday, December 10, 2010


Well I said I was going to try to post...last Saturday and guess what...a week went by again. I feel like one of these days I will just have  Revelation of why i started this blog and will want to post more. I have so many posts that are drafts because they are topics I want to talk about and do not want to forget, so I start the post and haven't finished any of them. O well..someday.
So here is what went on in my life this week....
Monday I went to class and turned in my LAST paper ever for school. I am so excited I can not handle it! My husband has just been the most amazing guy to me lately so I came home and cleaned a little, did the laundry then cook a good dinner--Cajun pasta with chicken and broccoli, a side Cesar salad and bread(which I burnt) and had it waiting on him when he got home. It was so nice to sit down and talk about our days and not be rushed because I work Tuesday morning and have to go to bed so early..which Pete came up and layed down with me until I fell asleep then he always goes back downstairs for a while. Well it was fine except he also fell asleep, but woke up a hour later wide I wake up at 3:15, an hour before I am suppose to get up and go to work to him making noise downstairs. So I go down and see what he is doing...don't worry, he just remembered at 2 am that our Kohl's cash expired at midnight that we got when we bought Christmas presents on Thanksgiving so he was trying to still use 2AM!! Needless to say I tried to go back to sleep but it just wasn't happening. So I got up at 3:30 (Pete was in bed and asleep in those 15 minutes BTW) took a shower and got ready for work like it was 8am.
Tuesday--I was at work all day...5am-5pm, it was the worst day I have had in my 2 years of working there...enough said on that. Well the only good thing that did happen at work today was that my mom came by and surprised me with a was the Elf on the Shelf box, with the book and elf. I was so excited! The kids I babysit have one and I wanted to go get one so I would have it whenever we had children, I was afraid they wouldn't be around when I was having children..but my mom read my mind! She said, "I know this is a little premature in your relationship, but I didn't wanna pass it up!" So sweet, love her! So after work I met my bff Patty at Hobby Lobby so we could get the supplies to make our wreaths for the season, then we came back to my house to make them. It was alot harder than we thought, so I just finished mine today I  will post a picture soon. Anyways, in the mean time Pete got home and Patty left..Pete informed me he didn't eat lunch because he went to the bank and it took longer than expected..which means he had not ate all day. He also wanted to go to Kohl's and use our expired Kohl's cash, because he read online they will still accept it in stores., plus we had a few returns. We hopped in the car went to Kohl's had to spend $60 in Kohl's cash..they didn't have what Pete wanted so I had to get a few shirts, oh darn ;), when we checked out our total was only $58 so we had $2 left, we knew we weren't going to be using it in the next 24 hours so Pete tried to give it to the lady that checked us out, but she wasn't allowed to take it and suggested we go find someone in the store who was still shopping, that's what I did! There was on older couple close by and I gave it to was so cute because her response was \"why thank you so much,...except do we look like we are needy to you, is that why you picked us?" She was laughing, and just joking but it made me feel kind of embarrassed. We went and ate dinner at Texas Roadhouse because Pete was starving and went home and watched so recorded favorite show.
Wednesday-- I had big plans to finish making all of my Christmas presents and clean the house because Pete's sister got home from studying abroad in Australia for 6 months today. Well, I did none of that. I went to lunch with my friend Janice, then ended up stopping by my friend Ashley's, then my friend Erin came over and I went to sit with her while she ate lunch, and by the time I did all that and got home I barely had enough time to cook dinner. I thought I was going to be okay thought because I had this seasoning packet thing for a casserole, ended up I didn't have anything that I needed so Pete ended up making burgers when he got home and I made some green beans and sweet potato fries to go with. I felt like I wasted a day
Thursday-- Again, I worked from 5-5 then came home because Pete was off today and hung out with him for a bit because I was going out with all the girls to celebrate me being done with school. Got ready, we went to eat and all had a great time. I miss those girls, we did it big like the old times! It was much needed. But today, Friday, no one felt really well...I was driving last night so I had dropped everyone off and still had my friend Erin's car, her and Ashley came over at 8 am to my house, hung out downstairs, alone at my house then came and woke me up at 9:30 because they were hungry and wanted to go eat. It was funny because both Pete and I were sounds asleep, but they sat down on the floor and we all just talked about the night we had. I am so happy my friends are comfortable enough with my husband to come in our bedroom and chat while we are still half asleep. I am so blessed with my friends and family! We all got up, Pete went to work and Erin, Ashley, and I went to Sands Pancake house, a local diner. We ate, and by this time it was noon, so we went back to my house and watched a movie. They ended up sleeping and I worked on some Christmas presents that I did not get done on Wednesday. They left to go to work and I have been cleaning and doing things around the house since they left at 4. I was cleaning the office and thought I would sit down at the computer and check a few things..well here I am 30 minutes later still sitting here..I need to get up and finish what I started! Ha.

I know this post is going to be so long, and I am surprised your still reading, but I am really really going to try to be better about posting so I do not have to do this. Plus, the camera Pete won at work came in today, so hopefully I will start taking alot of pictures so I can have something interesting in my posts!! I think I am done now! Ashley, Pete's sister, is going to pick up her boyfriend that she met in Australia tonight, and they will be getting back around 9 and we are going to a late dinner. I  am so excited for her and to meet Jake! He is from Australia and coming to the states for the first time! It will so neat to talk to him!
Have a good night, thanks for sticking with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment