Friday, August 17, 2012

27 Weeks

sorry for the bad quality! Pete took a different one, but for some reason it won't load correctly! Red pants AGAIN! AH!

How far along? 27 weeks!!

Size of the baby? According to babycenter, "this week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now."

Food Cravings? I really have been craving sweet things and that is so unlike me! I am obsessed with candy, but mainly sour candies, not sweet, chocolate candy and for some reason that is what I have wanted lately. 

What I miss: My mom and I went to Kohl's yesterday, and I walked through all the new fall clothes that are out and I can say that I miss being able to dress cute and have lots of options. I am not someone who finds 5 things they like and get it in every color and wear it all the time. I like to mix it up and not wear the same thing too often. Pregnancy has changed this about me, for the time being. I just do not have a whole lot of options and don't want to go spend the money on new things that I know I can only wear them a few more months!

 Stretch marks? I have a few on my boobs (TMI) but nothing major, yet.

Maternity Clothes? Like I said above, I have enough to get me by, but not as many options as I would like!

Gender? GIRL!

Weight Gain? Well...I only gained 1 pound in the past 2 weeks, so I was happy about that! I am currently up..drum roll please...28 pounds! I did have my glucose and iron tests and all the results came back totally normal, so I am just focusing on that good news and not on the number!

Sleep? I think I jinxed myself last week. Last night I felt like I was awake all night. My brain never went to sleep. Plus, my side is starting to hurt from always having to lay on it! haha.

Best moment of the week? Getting a good result on my tests at the doctor and just feeling baby girl move around. She took a few days off from the hard kicking and it really had me worried. I am happy in the past few days she is back to her busy self! Praise the Lord!

Symptoms? My feet always feel "tired" now and I am still pretty tired feeling all the time! 

Movement? I think she has moved to a totally different position then she has been in the whole time because I didn't feel her kick hardly at all Saturday night and Sunday and then I started feeling little ones again on Monday, but they felt more internal. I know that sounds weird, but before her feet were very obvious and I could feel/see when she pushed her butt against my stomach and I can't feel any of that anymore. I will be ready to go to the doctor again next week so that she didn't flip somewhere she's not suppose to be! :S

xoxo,
Erin

1 comment:

  1. Aww baby is a girl!! What a sweet pea :) I'll have to live vicariously through your posts since I only have boys.

    ReplyDelete