Sunday, August 26, 2012

28 weeks




My sister in law got my that shirt in the picture above, and I just love it! :) I know you can't read it because I am terrible at taking pictures, but it says "expecting adventure" :) So cute!

How far along? 28 weeks!!

Size of the baby? According to babycenter, "By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world."

Food Cravings? I have been eating a lot of salads this week! Can't get enough!

What I miss: I have really noticed this past week that the small day to day tasks are getting a lot harder! Putting on my shoes, getting up from the couch, shaving my legs, you know..the things that you normally do without even thinking about.

 Stretch marks? I have a few on my boobs (TMI) but nothing major, yet.

Maternity Clothes? Shout out to my amazing mother in law for ordering me at least 7 new shirts from a few of her suppliers! They are so comfortable and are going to last a long time! She also snuck in a few things for baby girl, so exciting!!

Gender? GIRL!

Weight Gain? Had a doctors appt this past Friday, and I am up 4 more pounds, which is 2 per week. I have said it before and I am probably going to say it again but, I am not worrying about the number until after the baby is born. As long as I am staying healthy and the baby is growing like she should, I am not going to worry too much. (It takes convincing from my husband though, to stay in this mind set after every doctor appt! ha!)

Sleep? I have been sleeping alright. Besides getting up a few times to go to the bathroom now, I am doing alright. My hips have also been really bothering me. By 8am I have to get up because they are just throbbing.  

Best moment of the week? This past Monday was my sisters annual birthday shopping trip with my aunts and mom (every year since we turned 10) and since she moved to STL, I get to tag along on her trip also! I finally gave in and bought my first piece of clothing for baby girl! I am so proud of myself for waiting this long! Of course we had to get matching outfits for the little cousins!! :) 



Symptoms? My feet and hands are really swollen by the end of the night, especially if I have been super busy that day! 

Movement? It is getting stronger and more frequent and I am loving every minute. I can also feel little body parts when she stretches because sometimes its a huge lump and then sometimes its just a little knob like feeling, which I am assuming is her feet. :) Makes me smile. 

xoxo,
Erin

2 comments:

  1. You are adorable! And I can't believe you waited this long to buy an outfit! When are you due?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, I bought a few things today too though, I just can't help it when things are on sale! :) November 13th is my due date! Getting so close!

      Delete