Wednesday, July 11, 2012

22 Weeks!

Sorry for the terrible lighting..I will use a real camera one of these days..
22 weeks and 1 day!


How far along? 22 Weeks

Size of the baby? At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. 

Food Cravings? Soup, soup, and more soup!!!

What I miss: This is the first week I have felt like I have a belly that gets in the way of things, which has made this process seem more real, if that is possibly. The past month, I haven't even really felt pregnant, so it has been a nice change feeling the kicks, and having to bend over funny. So, I really don't miss anything at this point.. :)


Stretch Marks? Dun, dun, dun...I have 3. (on the under side of my boob for those who were wondering;)..)


Maternity Clothes? My collection of maternity clothes is getting bigger and bigger! At this point, I feel like I have enough dresses/skirts to last me the rest of the summer. Mainly because I wear shorts and a t-shirt, 5 of the 7 days of the week. :)

Gender? It's a GIRL!! We are beyond excited!! Pete told me a few days before we found out that he really wants a girl, and he got his wish! We couldn't feel more blessed.

Weight Gain:  Sensitive subject. I am gonna be completely honest here, no sense in lying. I am up 20 pounds! I am not sure how it has happened either. I am not over eating by any means and walk 5 miles at least a few times a week. I asked my doctor last week when I was there what she thought I should do and her only suggestion was not to gain more than 70 pounds! The thought of that seriously takes my breath away. Are you kidding me, 70 pounds?!?! I think I can handle that!

Sleep? Can't complain one bit! We have move into our house, and I just put the curtains up yesterday, so we have been waking up to some serious sun. I am not complaining about it though, it makes waking up a lot easier!!! I have been sleeping in quite a bit and since Pete has a little bit more of a flexible schedule, I let ;) him sleep in as long as he wants also. I just know in 4 short months that luxury will be a goner, and it is one of our favorites!!

Best Moment of the Week: Just watching baby girl kick like crazy, and Pete touching my belly more often. I think now that he can feel and see her kick and it is a definite baby bump now, he feels more involved and is loving every second! Watching him with Sloane and Wyatt this past week makes me feel so blessed to have married such a loving, caring, and patient man. He is going to be the BEST dad!


Symptoms: Like I said above, the past few weeks have been a breeze! I haven't been overly tired, overly hungry, or anything else I had been feeling the past 16 weeks. I will say, starting yesterday, that I am having to change my meal times and sizes. I find myself getting fuller faster and hungry more often. I need to start packing snacks so I am never without food! haha.
Movement? We have a very active little girl on our hands! She kicks up a storm, espically at night! I can lay on the couch and feel her kicking for 30 minutes straight! In the past week I has gotten so much stronger that you can see it from the outside. Pete has enjoyed feeling it and seeing it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment