Monday, July 9, 2012

California family comes to Missouri!

Last week, my dad's dad, step-mom, step-sister, and her three daughters all came to Missouri to hangout! The girls had never been to Missouri, and are all old enough now to have and time and meet everyone. They flew in on Saturday, stayed over the 4th and left on Thursday afternoon. They were staying at my parents house so it seemed like we stayed in the pool 95% of the time! My cousin also has a few horses and the girls were so excited to go see the horses, they even rode! We did go down to Lambert's one night so they could have that experience, and my cousin works at The Pilot House so we had lunch there before everyone left town on Thursday...delicious! On the 4th, my mom and dad got up early and ran a local 5K and then came home and made everyone biscuits and gravy. After breakfast, Pete and I went to the city park because a group of our friends played in the mud volleyball tournament. They ended up getting second place overall! WooHoo

After we watched a few games we decided to head back to my parent's and get in the pool, it was way to hot!! That afternoon, my dad had a big fish fry for everyone, and boy was it good. It has been a while since I have had fresh fried fish! :) Then we went to Pete's mom's house and watched the city fireworks before heading home and calling it a night! What a long day! Here a few pictures of everyone at different points in the week!


The whole gang!

Dad, Wyatt, Billy, Grandpa

Grandpa and my niece Sloane

The girls on the horse! 

All of my dads siblings and the grand kids/great grand kids

swimming


my view all week!..Not too shabby

My sister;s family!

Someone took a picture of Pete and I, but I have no clue where it is! O well. It was a wonderful week, and I am so thankful I work for my mom so that I had the free time to get to hangout with everyone and not miss anything!!

xoxo.
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment