Thursday, July 12, 2012

Names and Nurserys

I have always thought that when I have a little girl, her nursery is going to be super girly and pink all over the place. So when I first got pregnant and naturally started thinking about the room, I just had two totally different plans depending on the sex. I thought I had it all figured out. But, then I found the rocker that I knew I wanted, no matter boy or girl, and that changed everything.

Once we got that, I still thought that I would make it super girly with tulle and ruffles everywhere. Now that I know it's a girl, I pulled everything back up for the girls room and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. That's just not me. I am not a super girly person, never have been never will be. Let's be honest, I have my hair up every single day of my life and am mad when I can't wear a sports bra. Therefore, I thought I can't make a nursery for my baby girl like looks like she is raised by a girly diva, Bc we are far from that. And her room will be just as far, but I could not be more excited about the plan!!!! I am currently looking for old barn wood to make with her (undecided) name on it. It will look similar to this, only with her monogram painted in pink(see, it's not all tom boy) and without that decorative vine.

Then we are using the crib me and my siblings used when we were kids. (side note: I understand some people are going to freak about this. My dad is bolting it up to where it will be up to standards. I looked into it).
I couldn't find a better picture, but this is the exact crib...

Then the dresser is Pete's step dads first dresser that he ever had as a kid and they aren't using it and I fell in love with it! I am so thankful that he is willing to let baby girl have that. :) My MIL is painting the base ivory, but leaving the drawers the original wood just re staining them so they look fresh.
The dresser looks similar to this, but has more detail on the drawers

I am a little worried though, Bc all the furniture is pretty large and the room is defiantly on the smaller side. It is going to be cramped, but i think once we get it all in there and play around with it, we will find a way that works. That is as far as we have gotten right now, but I am excited to start getting it all set up!

Now for the name. We just can't decide. We had a boys name nailed down, but not a girls. We narrowed it down to 2 girl choices before we found out the sex, and haven't really discussed it since then. I think we are both just thinking about it for a while and getting other peoples opinions (I know, horrible idea ;)) The decision is between Eleanor(Nora) Mae Ressler or Zetta Mae Ressler. Zetta Mae is my great grandmothers name. I originally said I wanted my daughters name to be Eleanor and Pete and I both loved it. But, there are so many little girls right now with names that begin with El and that stresses me out. One of my best friends is named Erin and I just don't want that confusion for my child and the people she will hangout with. Plus, I loveee Eleanor, but hate the thought that people are going to try to call her Ellie. (I know that is dumb, but you have to think about these things!!) So IF people try to shorten it, which they will, I want her to be called Nora. I love that also but don't like that her name is Eleanor yet she goes by Nora. Grr, I don't know why I let it bother me so much, but I do. That is the total reason we have not made a decision yet. I just don't want her to have to correct people her whole life. Which Pete doesn't feel this way, and he thinks it is no big deal. I guess I should just trust him on that because he has done it his whole life, so he would know more than me. (Charles Peter Ressler) :) soooooo that is where we are at on those two subjects. Sorry for the long post, I typed it while I was on the plane to New York, so I really let my feelings out. Haha!

Now let's get this party started! I will be back on Monday unless I get super bored while I am here, then I might post a few times. ;)



xoxo,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment