Sunday, November 7, 2010

Football..my favorite time of year

So I know it is late in the season, but football season is still one of my favorite times..it means it's the start of fall and cooler weather, leaves changing colors, and all of that good stuff. When I was in high school my football team was really good. Me and my girls rarely missed a game, home or away. They are going through a not-so-good streak and it is sad for everyone involved. Jackson was one of those towns that shuts down on Friday nights..everyone goes to the game. Even though they are not so good, the whole community still goes and supports them, which is so neat. But, because they aren't that good they didn't make it to districts..crazy! Good news is that a few of Pete's best friends from High School are now coaches of teams in the area, one being Sikeston's varsity special teams coach. Sikeston is undefeated this year and played their first round of districts last night and won..big time. The next game is tomorrow night against Cape, my high school's rival team. They are actually good this year so it should be a pretty good game. We are going to watch and I can't wait. It is cold here now so getting all decked out in our winter gear and sitting in the stands cheering is so fun no matter if it is for high school teams. GO SIKESTON! I'll keep you updated!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment