Friday, October 9, 2015

Friday Favorites

Hello! I have had a super busy and exhausting week! When that happens the blog is the first thing that my mind lets go of! Here are some of my FAVORITE moments from the past week!

Last weekend we went to Sam A. Baker State Park with my mom's side of the family. We have went every year of my life (and my parent's before that). It is a perfect way to kick off the fall season. With Pete getting a new job, he couldn't make it work this year. The girls are I rode out there with my parent's and just enjoyed the weekend. I really like when I spend time with the girls away from home because it just forces me to focus totally on them and not stress about anything else. When we are at home on the weekends I try to get the house cleaned, laundry done and everything else that working moms have to squeeze in the hours of 6 -10 PM and the weekend hours. One of my biggest faults is letting my to-do list cloud my brain and I cannot just enjoy the "mommy watch this" or "mommy can you play with me?" It is a hard balance, and that is why I really like weekends with the girls away from home. I went into the weekend knowing that my only task was to give the girls 100% of my attention and basically let them do whatever they want..because why not--we're camping! We spent a lot of time at the playground, the nature center, taking bike rides, and just enjoying extended family around the campfire! Hands down, one of my FAVORITE weekends of the year!






I got a new camera last week (another FAVORITE), so I will do a whole picture post from the weekend once I upload those pictures.

This coming weekend Pete and I are taking our first little get-away since having kids! We have went out to dinner, or a wedding without them here and there, but we have never taken a trip together! Normally when we have to get a sitter it is because I have a girls trip, bachelorette party, or one of us is in a wedding. I am so excited that we get to get out of town without any events or obligations! It is definitely going to be a FAVORITE of mine! We are headed to Columbia for Mizzou homecoming! Not to mention it is our 5th wedding anniversary next week! Woo!

The girls had pictures at "school" this week. They are my FAVORITE! Could they be any cuter?!



My sister in law is one of my FAVORITE people, and it was her birthday yesterday! We have family dinner every Thursday night with Pete's family, and we made it extra special last night for her birthday! Pete and I got engaged 6 months after we started dating and his sisters didn't live here. Therefore, I really didn't start building friendships with them until AFTER we were family. Emily has been there for me through some of the toughest points of my married/mom life and always has the most level headed advice. She goes above and beyond and really bends over backwards for anyone. She makes me want to be a better person! Isn't that the type of friends that you want? The one that with be compassionate about what you are going through, but always make you see the best in the situation and helps you find the good instead of dwelling in the bad. I am beyond thankful for the friendship we have gained in the past 5 years and was so happy to help spoil her on her birthday!









I have decided that I love Fall for more than just the season. Yes I love the leaves changing colors, the cooler weather and pumpkins everywhere, but I also love it because everyone is in such a good mood! I feel like Fall is a fresh start, a new beginning and it just makes people happy. That is another reason Fall is one of my FAVORITES!

LINK

And a few of my FAVORITE quotes to leave you feeling inspired!

Start feeling this way again <3 and now it's how I wake up:

 :

Dream:

It'll be hard because people can be so negative and totally exclude you and bring you down, but beautiful things come from the dark.:

 :

Happy Friday!

Linking up with Erika & Andrea; Karli; April, Natasha & Christina; & Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Your girls are SO cute! And the chili party looks like a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are a handful, but worth it of course!! Yes, it was fairly easy to throw together and put off a big impact! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete