Thursday, October 1, 2015

October Goals

I wanted to give monthly goals a go again! It is my favorite month of the year, so why not set myself up for success!



1. Order Zetta's birthday invites--her party isn't until the end of November, but I always wait until the last minute and kick myself for it. I am determined not to do that this time!

2. Complete three house projects--this one is going to be a little tricky with Pete's work schedule, but I am determined!
-I really want to get curtain's up in our dining room, our bedroom, and the family room. We are making the curtain rods ourselves, so finding the time to do that is what is really holding us up. It will be worth the wait. Not to mention, usually when I hang curtains in a house we decide we are going to move shortly after, and I don't want that curse right now. ha.
-I am getting the girls a new bed! I am really super excited about it! I loved Zetta's old bed, but it is time for Nora to upgrade out of her crib so everyone is getting new beds! After I get those in place, I want to finally hang all their wall decor as well!
-Last but not least, I want to finish our outside area. There is still a load of trash down there from when we were doing all our construction on the house, so once that is gone I can really get things moving! The vision of what I want is amazing in my head, but we will see house amazing it turns out in real life! .

3. Do at least one Fall activity as a whole family--again, with Pete working Saturday's now we really have to plan out our family events. I want to go to Perryville pumpkin patch at some point, so I need to get that in the books now!

4. Take two friends dinner--I have so many friends that have had babies and are starting back to work. As nice as it is to have meals when you are on maternity leave, it is super nice to have a meal once you're back in that "real life" of work, day care, laundry, packing diaper bags, etc.  I feel like I am in a place right now with my girls that I can start focusing on giving again. The past three years I was in survival mode #reallife and it was hard for me to do anything for anyone besides my two babies. Now that they are hitting a point where they play together for 30 minutes at a time, I want to be more intentional with my time and how I am spending it. It isn't going to take me much more time for me to prep and cook an extra dinner a few nights throughout the month and I know it will be so helpful to someone who's life is going through so much change! Giving is one of my mom's love languages and it has really taught me a lot about what kind of friend I want to be. Everyone has their own thing and own excuses, but I am going to try really hard to put other's before myself. I know I will feel better doing this, and it can really change someone else's day, too.

5. Make my Christmas gift list--Again, I always, always, always wait until it is almost too late on things like this. I am wanting to make a few things for my nieces, so I don't want that to stress me out. If I know what I am going to get for people then I can start purchasing a few things now when I am out and I know it will help my stress level around the holidays!

I will revisit these goals at the end of the month and see how I did! I love October!!

Hello October | by jmeelin:

No comments:

Post a Comment