Monday, October 12, 2015

Weekend Recap: a get-away

This past weekend Pete and I headed to Columbia to celebrate his (super belated) birthday and our anniversary! It was homecoming at Mizzou so the town was a little crazy but it was still fun!

I met my mom at the park with the girls around 4:30 pm and headed our pretty quickly. I needed to pack and pick the house up a bit before Pete got home. I also wanted to make sure I had enough time to squeeze in a solo trip to Target and TJMaxx before we left! :) #reallife


Had to get the essentials! ha!

 Pete got home from work about 8 PM on Friday and we loaded the car and hit the road. It was a little later than we planned on leaving, so we ended up just eating dinner in St.Louis and spending the night at my sisters house. We didn't want to be driving until 1 AM and make us tired the rest of the trip. We got up fairly early on Saturday and hung out with my sister and her fam (thanks for the donuts and coffee!!) for a bit before getting back on the road!






 We stayed with one of our favorite couples and Hannah had made a "Happy Birthday Pete" banner to celebrate! She's the sweetest! :)



We headed out for lunch and then just came back to their house and watched part of the Card's game before heading to the Stadium. Unfortunately, the Cardinals AND Mizzou lost, but it was a great weekend!




Somehow I didn't get a picture with Hannah or Matt all weekend, but they were really there! ha! As we were sitting at the game the clouds and sky were so beautiful and then the sun started setting and it was seriously an amazing view!




After the game we went to this local Jazz bar that had great music and some delicious food! We got back around 1 AM and headed to bed ready to see our girls on Sunday!!

It was a great trip! Much needed adult time! The parts I like the best are the simple parts. Of course we were going to have a great time at the game and such, but going to dinner and getting to order whatever I wanted without trying to feed my girls off of it too, or the uninterrupted car conversation with Pete on the drive. Those are the little things that you take for granted when you have kids. It was a great weekend away, but I can't wait to go again and take the girls!
Thank you Matt and Hannah for being such AMAZING hosts! We are thankful for friends like you!!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like your weekend was spent wonderfully! Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete